Saturday, December 13, 2014

The Power of Six

December 13, 2014 -

I spent some time this morning photoshopping a photo of my daughter Ember from last month's shoot near the Everglades. I wanted to turn Ember's photo into a movie poster. One of Ember's favorite book series is the Lorien Legacies by Pittacus Lore. Her favorite character is Number Six, the main character in the second book of the series. The first book, "I am Number Four", was a popular movie, but no news on if "The Power of Six" will ever be in theaters.

Six, also know as Maren Elizabeth, is a teenager and probably the best of the Garde at battle technique and military strategy. Her powers or "legacies" include invisibility, elemental manipulation, accelerated healing, and telekinesis. On screen Six was portrayed by Australian actress Teresa Palmer, but in the book series the character Six has long black hair and olive skin.

The original photo of Ember was taken before sunset using my Canon T3i and a gold reflector. I added a gradient, a fill overlay layer, and various text on separate layers in different styles and spacings. Later, I added a photo layer of glowing embers and a few sun bursts.

This was my first time creating a movie poster style image in Photoshop and I'm very happy with the results!


No comments:

Post a Comment