Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Red, Black, and Valeryia

December 1, 2014 –

On my second trip to Stellar Photography Studios, Cesar Montada arranged for a standard portrait session with model Valeryia. Several different looks and backdrops where used during the shoot.

Valeryia is a very experienced model and great at posing. I loved the way she used her hands and arms, continuously changing things up with her looks. Valeryia used props well, especially the black hat we gave her. She was very easy to shoot and needed little to no direction. I mostly just followed her lead and kept clicking!

Cesar again did a wonderful job setting up the lighting against white, red, and green backgrounds. I think the 3 softbox setup for the red background was the most interesting. If you look closely you’ll see the reflections or “catch lights” in Valeryia’s eyes.

For this I used my new Canon 6D and 24-105mm f/4 lens. I always bring my 85mm and 50mm but for some reason usually stick to the 24-105mm. Most often I shoot zoomed to 105mm and step back a bit to help compress the image. I captured several wonderful photos and did very little editing. For modest editing I use a combination of Canon’s Digital Photography Professional and Photoshop 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment